Last night I did the best sandwich I ever eaten in my whole life. What I did:
- One package of “american sandwich bread”. It looks like normal sandwich bread, except that is three or four times bigger and comes with just three slices. It looks like the bread they use in those ready-to-eat sandwiches sold on supermarkets (except that you buy the whole thing, not half of it).
- Lettuce. You will need two leafs, at least. More if you buy a small lettuce.
- Sliced chester, or any other meat you want.
- Cheese. Sliced.
- French fries, sliced in small pieces (we call here “straw french fries”, I don’t know the correct name in English).
- Corn. Not the one you use to make popcorn, the one for pizzas and the like.
Using these ingredients, do what you would usually do to make a sandwich: pass the mayonnaise in one side of the sliced bread, add the cheese, the lettuce, the corn, the chester and then the french fries. Repeat the process, building a “three floor sandwich”.
It is great ’cause you have a very dry bread, but the lettuce and the corn make it somewhat “wet” and the french fries add the crunching feeling.
Tonight, another experiment. I’m really getting addicted to sandwiches.