To be honest, I didn’t know too much about Crowded House when I bought my ticket. All I could remember was “Don’t Dream (It’s Over)”.
Last week I bought two CDs by them. “The Very Best Of” with their, well, best songs and “Time on Earth”, their latest album.
I’m not sure if it is my current mood or anything like that, but I’m really enjoying the songs. I’m not a great listener, as I usually just let the music play while my brain focus on something completely different. But, when I “realize” that there is something playing, I really like what I’m hearing.
I think I’m going to like the concert.
The last ray of hope faded
And shadows devours the remains of old dreams
This morning I saw a Slashdot article about spammers using MP3s instead of text. The first thing I thought was “Ha! I bet one guy got a MP3 file and submitted the article.” So you can imagine my surprise when checking my Inbox and seeing that I have a spam with just one MP3 inside…
A list of movies to be released in 2008. My picks?
- Cloverfield/1-18-08. Will watch? Yes
I saw the trailer. The photography isn’t good, the shaking camera is one of the worst ideas of the century but, for some reason, I’m curious about which monster they are talking about.
- Fanboys. Will watch? No.
Comedies are good, but another Star Wars movie is too much: the second trilogy was crap and a movie about going after the first of the crappiest trilogy ever.
- Be Kind Rewind. Will watch? YES!
Jack Black. That’s enough. But the movie is about two guys remaking every blockbuster movie (like Robocop) using a very limited resources.
- Jumper. Will watch? Maybe, probably not.
The premisse doesn’t sound too bad, but… Hayden Christensen? He makes Keanu Reeves look like Edward Norton or Kevin Spacey. Also, there is a touch of “fairies” in that plot description…
- The Spiderwick Chronicles. Will watch? No
- The Other Boleyn Girl. Will watch? Maybe.
The premisse is really really weak. But Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson in the same movie? Who could resist?
- 10,000 BC. Will watch? No.
Oh, pre-historic stuff. It is like Jurassic Park, without the cars.
- Horton Hears a Who! Will watch? Maybe.
I like Jim Carrey and computer generated movies.
- 21. Will watch? No.
Oceans… something. Without Ocean.
- Wanted. Will watch? Maybe.
Super-bad people and Angelina Joile. But, even with that, it sounds really weak.
- The Ruins. Will watch? No.
Bleh. “Something evil lives among the ruins.” Most. Used. Horror. Plot. Ever. Oh, wait. They could make the ruins over a mayan cemetary. That would make it original. NOT!
- Harold & Kumar 2. Will watch? If someone handle me the movie…
I saw the first one and it was not that funny.
- Repo! The Genetic Opera!. Will watch? NO!
Paris Hilton. Horror musical. What the fuck those people are smoking these days?
- Iron Man. Will watch? YES!
Another hero movie. With Robert Downer Jr. But, on the good side, it looks really really good.
- Speed Racer. Will watch? Maybe.
I never like Speed Racer. The Wachowski brothers (well, brother and sister now) still need to do something they know how to do good stuff after the second and third Matrix. On the other hand, there are a lot people saying that the special effects are ground breaking again (like they did with the bullet time in the first Matrix).
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Will watch? Definitely not.
The first movie was kinda good, but the screwed it so bad in the end that I’m not inclined to see anything from this series.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Will watch? Yes.
Oh, come on! You too want to see if Harrison Ford still can play Indiana. Shia LaBeouf is the downside of the movie, though.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Will watch? Maybe not.
Heartbreak comedies. I guess they will reunite in the end.
- Righteous Kill. Will watch? Probably yes.
Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. Playing cops. Something must go terrible wrong to make the movie suck.
- Choke. Will watch? No.
A sex addict who sues restaurants by faking he is choking. Not good.
- The Lovely Bones. Will watch? Yes.
One of my friends said very good things about the book. And Peter Jackson is the director.
- The Happening. Will watch? Maybe yes.
Shyamalan sometimes does good movies. But sometimes he does “Signs”.
- The Incredible Hulk. Will watch? Yes!
Edward Norton as the Hulk. Written by Edward Norton. If he followed the original series, I guess it would be really good.
- Get Smart. Will watch? No.
Steve Carell is not funny. Steve Carell is not charismatic. The guy should never left SNL. And I guess Mel Brooks is not envolved. So it will, basically, suck donkey balls.
- The Love Guru. Will watch? Maybe.
I’m a fan of Mike Myers since “Wayne’s World”, even after “The Cat In The Hat”. The “Hitch” plot sound really weak, though.
- Wall-E. Will watch? Probably yes.
Robots? I like robots.
- Valkyrie. Will watch? Probably not.
Tom Cruise and nazis. Oops, Goodwin’s law.
- Hancock. Will watch? Maybe yes.
Super heroes and Charlize Theron. It can be that bad.
- Hellboy 2: The Golden Army. Will watch? No.
The first one wasn’t enough to make me watch it, why should I watch the second?
- The Dark Knight. Will watch? YES!
Batman for grown ups. Cool.
- Step Brothers. Will watch? No.
Will Ferrel is not funny. Will Ferrel is not charismatic. The guy should never left SNL.
- Pineapple Express. Will watch? No.
Another silly comedy.
- The International. Will watch? Don’t know.
Plot is too short. Need more info.
- Trash. Will watch? Don’t know.
No cast yet. Saying the it should be a movie like “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” is good, but connect it to horror movies? That doesn’t make any sense, except going after a Panic something.
- Where the Wild Things Are. Will watch? No.
Sounds like fairies movie.
- How to Lose Friends & Alienate People. Will watch? Probably not.
The plot sounds too weak.
- Eagle Eye. Will watch? No.
The plot is stupidly confusing, to the point that it doesn’t make sense anymore. And they have Shia LaBeouf.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife. Will watch? Probably not.
“The Time Machine” meets romantic comedy. Not good.
- James Bond 22. Will watch? No.
Daniel Craig is not James Bond.
- The Changeling. Will watch? Maybe yes.
Clint Eastwood directs a weird plot.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Will watch? No.
I don’t watch Harry Potter movies.
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Will watch? Yes.
The plot is really interesting.
- The Day the Earth Stood Still. Will watch? Maybe yes.
It is a remake. Of a good movie. But it has Keany Reeves.
- Angels & Demons. Will watch? No.
I don’t know, I don’t feel compelled to watch any movie from the Da Vinci books.
- Star Trek. Will watch? YES!
I’m a trekkie. I can’t control this kind of stuff. I MUST WATCH. IT IS STAR TREK!
- Adventureland. Will watch? No.
The plot is not good enough for a comedy.
- Australia. Will watch? No.
Woman has a big place. Mean men want the place. Loner shows up and helps woman. They face bad times. In the end, the get together.
- The Box. Will watch? No.
Horror movies and not funny.
- Brüno: Delicious Journeys Through America for the Purpose of Making Heterosexual Males Visibly Uncomfortable in the Presence of a Gay Foreigner in a Mesh T-Shirt. Will watch? No.
Sacha Baron Cohen is disgusting.
- The Fighter. Will watch? Maybe yes.
Rocky Balboa + Cinderella Man. But I like Walberg.
- Frost/Nixon. Will watch? No.
I don’t think American story is that amusing.
- Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, Will watch? No.
Yet another romantic comedy.
- RocknRolla. Will watch? Probably no.
The only good thing about the movie is Guy Ritchie. And I’m too sure about that.
- Shantaram. Will watch? No.
Another too weird plot.
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno. Probably yes.
Boogie Nights, directed by Kevin Smith. May be good.
Starting next month, I’m planing to go see a show once a month. So far, I have:
- November 6: “Crowded House”, Sydney Entertainment Centre;
- December 7: “The Veronicas”, Hordern Pavilion;
- January24: “The Police”, Telstra Stadium;
- February 29: “Cyndy Lauper”, State Theatre.
I’ll look for more when I return from Brazil (in January).