Following the continual improvement of Mitter, alpha 4 is now released.
THIS IS AN ALPHA RELEASE! We want to test most of the new features and code to be sure that things are going to the right way. Some features (like DBus notifications) were disabled at this point to make sure the base code works without a problem. If you want to help, remember to run Mitter from a terminal with the “-d” option (to display debug messages.) Any help is welcome.
- Fixed an error when favouriting a message in the replies tab.
- Fixed an error when setting up Mitter for the first time.
- Fixed UTF8 incompatibilities when posting on Twitter.
- Fixed an error when using the menu button (or Shift+F10).
- Fixed the status of the message actions after an update.
- Fixed the status icon when there are no new messages but new replies.
- Fixed the menu so Settings is also visible.
- Added proxy support.
- Added priority for interfaces, so PyGTK should be chosen when running Mitter for the first time.
- Added indicator for protected messages.
- Added functionality to minimize Mitter to tray.
- Added action to mark all messages as read.
- Added a timeout for requests.
- New Deb packaging. As Mitter, it should be considered Alpha quality and, thus, we are still testing it.(deb is now available)
This should be the last release in the alpha series. Next thing should be oAuth support for Twitter and then the beta cycle will start with a Tk interface and Identi.ca.
Download details and full list of of changes in this release are available in project home page.