Just a note for people looking at my pictures: This morning (Sydney time) I switched from Gallery to ZenPhoto. Mostly ’cause it’s way simple and seems easier to manage. No pictures or albums were lost, but the titles and descriptions are gone. Not a big deal, I guess, as most of them didn’t have the proper description and title anyway and I don’t plan to fix that soon, reason being I’m writing my own gallery application and I expect it to replace any gallery application I have. Of course, I can’t just replace it right now ’cause it’s in the initial steps, but it’ll happen, sooner or later. And then I’ll fix those issues.
After some fights, I finally managed to make Mitter look nice. Now I just need to add some menus, an update status window and port it to Hildon.
Edit 1: And the project page, if you are interested in the code of it. No formal release yet (I really need to created a distutil file for it before releasing.)
Multigenics (two tables): Multi-vitamin
Ultra Muscleze (one teaspoon): Magnesium, for anxiety
Natural E (two tables): Vitamin E
CoQ10 (one capsule) : Improves cardiovascular functions (and makes things easier when I’m doing exercises)
Ginseng & Zizyphus (eight pills): Anti-depressant.
All this, every morning.
So, this Sunday I had my first marathon. 14km of hills, up and down. The start is a complete mess: everyone is packed, waiting for the start and, when they open the gates, everyone starts moving, but some just walk. So you are there, full of energy and excitement and you can’t run because there are a lot of people just walking. After the tunnel on Kings Cross, things got a little bit easier (after what I think it was 1km from the start). There were some fun in the race, thought:
- At the start, there was a guy dressed in red, face painted red, red shoes, hands painted in red… I guess he was calling himself “Running Devil”;
- At some point, I saw some guys with t-shirts saying “Our drinking group have a city2surf problem”;
- Near Darling Point Rd, there was a band playing some pretty good music (metal!) in a hoof top. Too bad I couldn’t stop to hear (hey, the guys WERE good!);
- At the top of the Heartbreak Hill, there was a sign in a church saying “Congratulations! You just beat the Heartbreak Hill”. But there was still some good walk up till the top of the hill;
- One guy wearing a t-shirt saying, in the back: “You’ve just been passed by a smoker”;
- One guy wearing a Superman costume;
- One Borat impersonator (wearing the gayest clothes);
Also, all along the way, there were some people who were helping the runners with whatever they could: using water sprinklers, giving candy, oranges; kids with arms stretched, as if they wanted a “low five”; people simple cheering the runners.
One thing I learn about running is that, when there is water, take two cups: one you drink, the other one you throw at your face. It helps you to “wake up” and get energy to keep running.
This morning my personal trainer send me a message asking if I was sore. The answer? “I’m not too sore, just my neck, back, tights, knees, feet and toes”.
Yes, this is the first paragraph of the book “Children of Húrin”. Yes, I’m typing the book. Yes, each thing that is not black it is a link which goes to another page; yes, it is a wiki. Yes, it looks pretty stupid, but I guess it is way easier to read something when you can understand easily what the fuck that word means (it could be an adjective [Eldar are the first elves in the middle-earth, IIRC], a name or a place).
PS: And no, not everything has a definition in the end of the book… :/